Tuesday 26 April 2011

Bolton Wanderers and their Chinese crest?


While watching a Bolton match on TV the other day, something in their badge got me thinking.  The design of their crest looks remarkably similar to the design on a lacquered Chinese decorative plate my wife and I received as a wedding present.

Wikipedia describes the club crest as ‘the initials of the club in the shape of a ball, with red and blue ribbons beneath’.  From what I can gather, the club has been using variants of their current crest since the early 1980’s.

Here’s the Bolton crest:



And here’s our plate


So is the truth:

A) The designer of our plate is a secret Bolton fan and works it into his designs

B) The marketing company designing the Bolton crest was either Chinese or likes Chinese designs

C) It’s a complete coincidence

D) They look nothing like each other and you now think I’m crazy

Answers on a postcard, please!


No comments:

Post a Comment